Litesport 101 · Workouts · Oct 30, 2023
Litesport Beginner Guide: How to Prepare for Your First Workout
Litesport offers a challenge for all athletes, with different classes and levels of difficulty tailored to everyone from the beginner to the experienced pro. Plus, with over 1,000+ workouts and new content added daily, there is always a new class to try as you push your fitness even further.
But for those strapping on the VR headset or picking up dumbbells for the first time, we’ve got you covered with your beginner guide to getting started with Litesport. We’ll break down what to do before you step into the ring and where to start with introductory workouts, movement demo series, and beginner-level content. Before you know it, you’ll be releasing your inner champ. Let’s dive in:
Setting up Your Meta Quest Headset
First things first, let’s get you set up on your Meta Quest headset! If you’re brand new to VR, here are a few steps from Meta on how to get your Meta Quest headset ready for action:
- Charge your headset: To start, simply plug the charging cord into your Meta Quest headset and a power source to get that battery juiced up. Keep an eye out for the charging indicator turning green, letting you know it's fully charged and ready to go. Meta recommends keeping your headset connected to power while it runs the initial updates.
- Download the Meta Quest app & create your account: If you’re new to Meta, you’ll first need to set up a Meta account. This action is part of the device setup process in the Meta Quest mobile app, so let the app guide you through it. Or you can set up a Meta account on the web at auth.meta.com.
- Adjust your headset fit and view: Take a look at this Meta Quest guide to make sure everything is set up and customized to your personal needs including your headset straps, lenses, and glasses spacer if you need one.
- Download Litesport: Once your headset is charged and adjusted, don’t forget to download Litesport in the Meta Quest store and kick off your 7-day free trial for unlimited access to all the content.
Preparing for Your First Workout
Now that your headset is set up and you’ve downloaded Litesport, there are a few boxing form basics and strength training tips we recommend starting with before you press play on your first class. These will help you get familiar with the correct form for both the safety and effectiveness of your workout.
Boxing Form Basics
Keeping your form and technique sharp is important as you’re learning how to box in our Trainer-Led, Mitt Drill, and Punch Track workouts. Not only does this help protect you from injuries, but it also allows you to land a good punch over and over again with more efficiency and strength.
While your trainers spend a lot of time talking through form and technique in every workout, it’s helpful to start learning the basics before you even step into the ring. This gives you a solid foundation to start with so you can build on that foundation with every class.
We’ve broken down the basics for you in several articles on our blog so you can perfect that all-important boxing form. Check those out here:
Movement 101 Demo Series
Good form isn’t just important for boxing, however! Maintaining proper form is also essential for the safety and effectiveness of our Strength workouts. Proper form not only helps prevent injury but it ensures you're targeting the right muscle groups during an exercise.
But if you're new to strength training, it's normal to wonder, "Am I doing this right?!" In Strength workouts, our trainers are right there with you throughout each step of the workout guiding you through every movement. With each exercise, they're offering clear and effective instructions so you can maintain the correct form.
But before you get started, you can review the basics with our Movement 101 Demo Series. In this series, our trainers walk you step-by-step through some of the top exercises you'll find in our Strength workouts. Here are a few to get you started:
- Dumbbell deadlift
- Dumbbell squat to press
- Squat thrusters
- Renegade rows
- Bent over rows
- Bicycle crunches
Choosing Your Workout
Now that you’ve reviewed the boxing and strength training form basics, you’re ready to get started. But there are 1,000+ workouts to choose from with a Litesport Premium membership, so where should you begin? Here’s an overview of your options:
5 Ways to Workout with Litesport
We offer boxing, total body, and strength workouts in the metaverse featuring chart-topping music and best-in-class Trainers:
- Strength: Our certified Trainers will guide you through tried-and-true weight-lifting and strength exercises, ensuring correct form. These classes are perfect for those new to strength training who may feel intimidated or unsure of where to start.
- Total Body: Follow along with your Trainer as you take on full-body exercises that incorporate exciting and responsive VR elements. You’ll slam battle ropes, rack up points on the speed bag, avoid overhead ropes with ducks and squats, and engage your full body for our most complete workout.
- Boxing Trainer-Led: Improve your form, find your limits, and get hands-on support and motivation with our multi-level Trainer-Led Classes and Mitt Drill workouts. Each workout will build strength, cardio endurance, and mental acuity while leveling up your boxing skills.
- Punch Tracks: Our team of DJs and programmers choreograph punches to the beat so you can find your flow and lose yourself in the music. Each song has a unique punch combination and three different levels of difficulty, allowing you to choose the right level for your own pace.
Things happen quickly once you step up to the Liteshield or press play on a Litesport workout. Flashing lights, big beat drops, and your trainer calling out instructions about numbered punches, strength training moves, boxing combos, or battle rope swings. It’s exciting, but it’s also a lot to take in if this is your first time working out in the metaverse!
That’s why we offer a few introductory classes to get you familiar with the Litesport basics. Even if you already have some workout experience, these classes offer a great orientation to Litesport and our specific terminology and techniques. They also help you get comfortable working out in the metaverse—so you’re set up for both safety and success.
Here are three introductory classes we recommend joining first:
- Intro to Strength: In this one-song overview, Trainer Anthony breaks down some house rules so you know how to stay safe while having fun in your Strength workouts. He’ll talk through body positioning, form, and how to set up hand-tracking. He’ll also walk through the muscle map, timer, and all the other elements you’re seeing on your screen. It’s a great starting point to get familiar with Litesport Strength workouts.
- Strength 101: Ready to give Strength workouts a try but nervous to press play on your first class? Strength 101 is an excellent entry-level workout to start with as Trainer Max covers all the tips and tricks you need to succeed. You’ll mirror Max the whole time as he walks you through the form basics of dumbbell deadlifts, bicep curls, squats, dumbbell shoulder presses, and shoulder taps. After this 2-song workout, you’ll feel much more confident getting started.
- Intro to Total Body: Before diving into your first Total Body workout, we suggest you start with this introductory 2-song class with Trainer Anthony. This class takes it slow as Anthony breaks down every single movement. You’ll learn the basics of mirroring your trainer and following their cues—making this the perfect first workout. Expect bodyweight squats, standing marches, battle rope swings, and time on the speed bag.
Different Levels of Difficulty
If you’re shying away from boxing, total body, or strength training because you believe it’s only for the advanced pros or professional athletes, it’s time to think again. Boxing, strength training, and total body workouts are addictive full-body exercises that anyone can enjoy no matter your age, gender, or fitness level.
On Litesport, you can adjust the experience to match your fitness level, so your workout offers just the right amount of challenge. We offer three different levels of difficulty for every workout: Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced. Factors like the sequence of boxing combos or reps, the speed of the runway lights, the difficulty of the exercise, or the PPM (punches per minute) are what distinguish the different levels.
No matter the level, all classes are going to push you to do your best and work your hardest. But if you’re new to Litesport or working out, we recommend our beginner-level classes as a great place to start.
Our FOCUS class series is dedicated to practicing one boxing technique per class, such as speed, power punches, or different boxing combinations. Run just like any other Boxing Trainer Class, each one offers a full-body workout with a special focus so you can sharpen your technique and improve your form. This makes FOCUS classes perfect for the Litesport beginner—or anyone looking to sharpen their boxing skills!
Here are a few FOCUS class options to try:
- 15 min Dance Pop FOCUS: 4 Punch Combos with JD
- 15 min Mixtape FOCUS: Power Punches with GW
- 15 min EDM FOCUS: Stamina Challenge with JD
- 10 min Classic Rock FOCUS: Flurries with Max
- 30 min Mixtape FOCUS: Defense with Jill
- 2 Song Mitt Drill Hip Hop FOCUS: Jabs with JD
Unlocking Your Litesport Premium Membership
It won’t be long before you’re ready to tackle all levels of workouts in Litesport. To unlock unlimited access to premium content make sure you’re set up with a Litesport Premium Membership.
A Litesport Premium Membership gives you access to:
- New daily content: New workouts and exclusive Punch Tracks drop daily so there’s always a new challenge ready to explore with each workout session.
- Unlimited workouts: Get access to 1,000+ boxing classes, 65+ Total Body workouts, 50+ Strength workouts, and an ever-rotating library of Punch Tracks to keep you motivated and fit.
- Premium music: Explore a library of the latest charting music from all genres including popular artists like Avicii, Post Malone, DMX, Ariana Grande, the Weeknd, and more.
- Build your own playlists: Create your own custom workout playlist by adding, removing, reordering, and saving your favorite Litesport workouts in one place.
- Explore 5+ workout environments: Gain access to a wider variety of VR environment options. Environments are the backdrop to your VR experience—giving you the inspiration you need to go hard and give it all you’ve got in your workout.
- All the latest VR features & upgrades: Premium members get first access to all our latest feature upgrades, VR additions, and more!
We know there’s a lot to think about when you’re starting with Litesport. But the most important thing is to have fun and lose yourself in the music. And remember that your trainers are right there with you the whole time, reminding you to keep your core tight, your hands light, to never give up the fight—along with a bunch of other words of encouragement. So what are you waiting for? Get started with our 7-day free Premium membership trial.
you may also like